Gather round you trashy girls because today’s post is of epic proportions! We have an all-star line-up of well, trash. hehe! Anyone can take part in Saturday Trash Talk-Just email me your pics and opinions at mailboxjunkie808 at gmail.com. I am again saving my trash for the lean weeks!
In alphabetical order!
Shave Secret: This sample looked like a practical joke that someone put together in their basement, but it actually worked really well. It was a nice oil that made for a very smooth shave and had a refreshing tingly feeling. It smelled really strong though. It was a nice smell, but there are just TOO MANY SMELLS IN MY SHOWER! They clash.
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel: This was a small sample, so I just used it a few times after spending the day in the sun. It seemed nice and I don’t have any propolis in my regular routine yet, but preservative issues with Benton will probably keep me from buying the full size.
Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry-Touch: Since getting into sub boxes I’ve discovered a million sunscreens I like better than this one. I think I only have one more bottle to use up after this!
Missha Time Revolution Clear Toner: This is a nice hydrating toner, and this big bottle lasted me about four months (although I admit that I sometimes forget to use it). I have a couple other toners in my stash right now, but I’ll add this to my shopping list for Missha’s next big sale.
Etude House I Need You – Pearl: I’ve heard lots of good things about this sheet mask series, but it’s being discontinued, so I bought up a huge amount in a clearance sale. If I keep up with my empties, you’ll be seeing a lot of these. I only got a few of the pearl because reviews said it wasn’t anything special. I agree: it’s fine, but not amazing. The fit of these masks isn’t great for me, but I’ve become a master of cutting masks to fit my face.
Etude House I Need You – Mugwort: This one was much nicer! I could see the brightening effect, and it was nicely hydrating too.
Etude House I Need You – Royal Jelly: This one was a bit disappointing. I bought lots of this flavor because it got rave reviews for being intensely hydrating, which is what I need. But I didn’t see it. The essence was thick and creamy (I prefer a thinner consistency) and didn’t soak in very well. Maybe it will grow on me.
Botanic Farm Natural Energy – Rice: I felt the same about this mask as I have about all the other Botanic Farm sheet masks. It’s fine, but nothing special.
My Beauty Diary – Aloe Vera: I adore MBD masks, but aloe is not the most exciting ingredient. I’ve used this mask before and never noticed anything unusual. But last weekend I put in on after a day in the sun and my face looked ghostly pale afterwards. It was really bizarre. But my skin drank up the essence and the chalk look faded by the time I went to bed, so I’m just going to figure that I really needed this one.
Lemon Sorbetti Organic Green Tea: I got this in a Little Lace Box. I don’t normally drink tea, but this was very good. And how cute does the fake leaf look in the mug? Also, I wanted to show off my banned books mug from a Book Riot box. When it’s hot, you can see the titles. When it’s cold, it blacks them out. It sparks joy!
Tosowoong Pure Snail Mask: I got this in Memebox’s Fifty Shades of Sheet Mask box. It says it’s anti-wrinkle. Yeah, me too, but I still have them. I loved this mask! My skin looked so fresh and luminous afterwards.
Chantecaille Cheek Shade in Mood: This was a perfect not-too-pink for my olive skin-tone. I’d buy it again if I didn’t have 20 years worth of other blushes left in my stash.
Bioderma Sensibio Micelle Solution: This is the second of a two pack that I bought after watching a vlog by Lisa Eldridge taking off every bit of makeup including false eyelashes using just this. I did not have the same success. I still needed an eye makeup remover which is annoying. BUT, I want to point out that this is 500 ml, so I got through a pound of product (twice!)!
Back to Basics Daily Shampoo in Shavegrass and Cypress: This was two pounds! I feel like I should get a standing ovation for finishing it. This was actually my husband’s, but he never used it and I’m trying to clear out space. I used it as a body wash and as shampoo. It worked and had a nice unisex scent. I’m now trying to get through the matching two-pound conditioner (which I’m using as a conditioner and shave cream).
Sisley Global Perfect Pore Minimizer and Lancôme Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate (foils): not enough product in either to comment.
Lots of Nail Polishes!: None are empty. Some are full. I don’t really do my own nails so I’m not sure why I have so many polishes. Most of these are the Sephora by OPI brand, which was discontinued years ago. They all went in the trash. I have others that I kept, but promised myself that I would toss those in a month if I haven’t used them.
Josh Rosebrook Balance Shampoo from November Beauty Heroes. This stuff is awesome. I just ordered two more bottles of Nourish for Normal to Dry hair. My hair is very short so a bottle of this lasts 6 months. I highly recommend this if you ever get a chance!
Kahina Giving Beauty Facial Lotion – I think this was a sidekick item in Beauty Heroes last year. Kahina is the reason I subbed to Beauty Heroes. I LOVE this brand, the body oil, the eye serum and the brightening serum!
Hana Eye Oil – I don’t know where I got this, but it was a nice oil, not too heavy. I would probably buy again, but I have a few other eye creams, serums and potions to work my way through.
Juara Coconut Illipi Hand & Nail Balm. Petit Vour. I like Juara and this smelled nice but not too exciting and it was a tiny sample.
Milk Makeup oil – Sephora Play. I used this as a cuticle oil. Now this is a “packet” sample I can get behind! I love that it could be closed again! Another nice oil, I usually use one of my multitude of oils as a cuticle oil if I decide not to use it as a face/body oil, so I don’t know if I would repurchase.
LC’s Empties (clockwise from top left):
(Note: ALL of these products are cruelty free!!)
1. EO: Soothing Shower Gel, French Lavender (bought at Vitamin Shoppe) – This smells heavenly, perfect for a relaxing shower (or bath)!
2. Pacifica: Kale Detox Cleansing Face Wash (from a travel size starter kit I bought at Ulta) – This is for oily and acne prone skin. It’s a nice go-to face wash that seemed to keep my skin relatively happy. I will be purchasing a full size tube of this!
3. Pacifica: Glow Baby Youthful Face Scrub (from a travel size starter kit I bought at Ulta) – This contains flax, rose hip, and walnut. It felt like very fine sand. I wasn’t crazy about this because it seemed too fine and I was worried that pieces my get stuck in my super large pores (can that happen?).
4. Pacifica: Sea Foam Complete Face Wash (from Vegan Cuts June 2015) – This is for all skin types and it’s sulfate-free. This is a good go-to face wash for when my skin isn’t acting up. I bought a full size from Ulta before the Kale Detox face wash was released (that I prefer for my oily skin).
5. EO: Hydrating Shower Gel, Rose & Chamomile (bought at Vitamin Shoppe) – I was legit obsessed with this scent. I should really get more of it. I can’t even begin to describe the amazingness.
6. Palmetto Derma: Collagen Boosting Serum (I think this is from an Eco-Emi Random Box Feb or March 2015. They closed up shop last summer.) – This is not something I would have ever thought or wanted to try, but I loved it so much that I bought (and have used up) a full size. It protects your skin from the yucky stuff it encounters everyday in the environment (think sun, smog, and other free radicals). I NEED to buy more of this!
7. Board and Batten: My Softer Side Fig & Tumeric Sugar Scrub (from GoodBeing sometime last year) – This was a good scrub, but it was pretty oily (if I remember correctly). It was a little too oily for me so I only used it on my feet and legs.
8. Ellovi: Butter, Original (I don’t remember which sub box I got this from) – This was a tad greasy, but it smelled so good that I used it up quicker than I’ve ever used a product up before! It smelled so yummy!
That’s all folks! Tune in next week to see what’s in the cans!