So, I finally decided to start writing again. I actually tried applying for some writing gigs, but never heard back. Sad face, but ah well.
Where have I been?
Did you noticed I was gone?? No? Okay… I like to inflate my self-importance ;D
NBD, but I planned my wedding from out of state, drove halfway across the US in a brand new Honda CR-V <3, got married in July in Middle America, then took a few days to roadtrip back home.
Then a week later McHusband and I went to Portland, Maine for a week [HIGHLY recommend it!] and had a great time!
I actually started drooling again thinking about this lobster risotto <3 It was a highlight of the trip for sure!!
After that, summer wound down, school/work started up again, we got a slightly used kitty, my sister and her new fam moved up here [I have a nephew who looks like John Legend!], and then I had ANOTHER life-changing event that left me in the hospital for a week.
Basically, I’m really really lucky I got on my husband’s life insurance in October! =\
I had a seizure while driving on the freeway, I blacked out a bunch, but managed to park my car somehow, and call 911. Then the doctors found a pesky brain tumor and removed it. Sadly, now I have to undergo radiation for a couple of months, then chemo for the next year.
It’s been an insanely expensive year, and we haven’t even gone on a honeymoon!
After my whirlwind of a year, I want things to be calmer next year! So, some of my hopes and goals for the next year are:
- I start writing again now that I’ve almost got my new home office painted and partially moved in to.
- my medical expenses for next year are not insane.
- I communicate better with people [Susie, I haven’t forgotten about you!!!].
- to save more than I spend [eyes giant pile of subscription boxes in corner].
- to lose the weight I’ve gained over the last two months!! [plus some of that other weight I’ve gained from marrying a pizza and beer man…]
- to go on a honeymoon somewhere warm with a beach and yummy drinks!
That’s all for now. But I want to know what some of YOUR goals are/were for this year, and if you accomplished them, or what your upcoming goals are!
These can be resolutions, but mostly just things you want to accomplish!