No this is not a scene from Walking Dead I promise. It’s just me doing my best zombie Impression. I promise this is the last mask shot. But I mean, I could totally be an extra right now for Walking Dead. I of course would stalk Darrell. I mean, come on. No question!
It was a Popsugar kind of week.
Not Soap Radio trio
This came in a set of 5 from Popsugar. I ran out of bubble bath for my toddler so we had a great time using these this week. The names are my favorite part. The Not Soap Radio staff would totally fit in here at Subscriptionista. Each bottle made enough bubbles for 2 baths. Of these three, my favorite scent was Awash in a field of four leaf clovers.
But my favorite title is: To sleep full of sweet dreams (without waking up in a mad panic at 3am)
Story of my life…
Patchology Exfoliate FlashMasque
This was my third and final mask from the January PSMH box. I again left it on for over 5 minutes. It really leaves your skin feeling fabulous. I probably won’t re-purchase due to some icky ingredients I would prefer to avoid. But if you got these in your box then make sure you use them because they are really great!
To-Go Spa Eye Patches in Ice Water
I replicated my spa experience from last week and used the mask to hold the eye patches in place. D to e to light to the ful!
See I am out of patches now…no more mask pics!
Lollia Shea Butter Hand Cream
This sample came from a Birchbox. The fragrance is titled sugared pastille. What is a sugar pastille? I don’t know but it was subtle and smelled great. It has macadamia nut and avocado oils on top of the shea butter so it leaves your skin feeling dang fancy!
I googled images of sugared pastille but all that came up was this lotion. I was hoping for a french dessert. Then I could imagine them in a beaker being reduced so they could extract the scent for this lotion….
Dr. Jart Vital Hydra Solution Sheet Mask from Birchbox – I used this mask after flying home (dry plane) from Las Vegas (very dry air especially compared to Cincinnati) and it was VERY hydrating with lots of serum. I’ve tried this once before and it may be one of favorite sheet masks though definitely pricey…
Hada Labo Ultimate Anti-Aging Facial Mask from Target – This one was used before vacation and it was good – on par with most sheet masks.
Laneige BB-cushion Cushion from Target – The “light” shade wasn’t great for me – a little too dark and a little too yellow for my pale pink-undertone skin. I also felt it was a little too thick / didn’t blend well using the applicator but I’ll full admit that could have been user error!
Maybelline Eye Shadow Quad in Velvet Crush – You can tell this eye shadow is old b/c they changed the look a while ago… this quad with all 4 colors the same size is at least a couple years old but I kept it because they also changed one of the colors in the Velvet Crush and got rid of my favorite shade – it was one of those top 2 that are completely empty and I can’t really remember exactly what it was right now. (But clearly past time to trash this!)
Purlisse pur-delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser from Birchbox – This is a nice gentle cleanser that I used after my oil cleanser sometimes
Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle Spray from Birchbox – I think this smells like cotton candy (yum!) and I liked it.
Undercover Agent Anti-Wrinkle Protecting Serum from BeautyFix – Very small sample so I can’t really tell you much. 🙁
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Original Formula from Play! by Sephora – I think I had this in my previous empties after using 1 of the 3 samples but have finished all 3 now and they seemed good but I didn’t really notice much change after 3 uses (but I rarely do with any products) so maybe I need to use more? I also noticed there is an extra strength version but I did feel some tingling (on my non-sensitive skin) with this original one, so not sure I’m ready for something stronger yet
- T/Gel: I’ve had this for years. It smells bad but is supposed to help my itchy scalp. Meh.
2. Trader Joe’s Pomegranate Body Butter: I got this last Christmas, and really liked it but pulled it out of my product bin to finish up because I have SO many others unopened
3. SW Basics Exfoliant [Target Box]: This was okay. I didn’t really like smearing ground oatmeal lumps on my face
4. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls: LOVE this! It doesn’t leave a greasy residue on my hands and makes my hair soft.
5. UR Curly Soya Shampoo: I got these two shampoos in a swap and put them into the old T/Gel container–they filled it up 3/4 of the way. It’s nice! I also like that it has “artesian water” as the first ingredient. I so fancy!
6. Laura Ashley Italian Lemon Body Butter: I got this in a swap. It doesn’t smell great and it’s really thin. I’m just throwing it away.
7. Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash [Birchbox]: I love love love this!! But because I have so many other face wash samples, I want to use some of those up before I open my full size.
- Simple Micellar Water-I bought this at CVS and I love it! I use it throughout the day if I’m not wearing makeup and I get hot and sweaty. I also use it every morning to take off the products that I used the night before. It is refreshing and preps my face for sunscreen or sunscreen and makeup if I’m wearing any that day. I’ve already purchased a second bottle, so this is a definite Fave
- Kueshi Toner-This came in my January 2015 Glossy Box. Another love! I use this after cleansing and before serum and moisturizer. I love the way it feels on my face. I have quite a few toners from different boxes to get through, but I can definitely see myself repurchasing this one day. Fave
- Flora-py Deep Hydration Mask-From the November 2015 Glossy Box. My skin is very dry. I was really looking forward to this mask. I usually love sheet masks. But this one did fit my face at all. I had a hard time getting it to stay on. And once I removed it and rubbed the remaining essence in as instructed, I really couldn’t tell any difference at all. I would consider this a Flop
- Simple Ultra Light Gel Moisturizer-This came in the Birch above CEW Mass Appeal Box. I wanted to love this moisturizer because Simple Micellar Water is what I’d consider a holy grail product for me. But I didn’t like it. I didn’t like the consistency, the scent or the way it left my face feeling so dry. I felt like I needed a moisturizer on top of this. I got half way through this deluxe sample before I simply couldn’t stand it anymore. Into the trash it went. This might be good for someone with oily skin. But that’s not me. I actually have another deluxe sample of this, but I will be passing it on to someone with a different skin type who will appreciate more than I did. Flop
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Pads-This came in the January 2016 Target Refresh Beauty Box. I knew I couldn’t use this on my face (darn that dry skin again!), but I decided to try it a different way. Ever since I began menopause (how I hate that word), my upper arms have what feels like “chicken skin” or like I have goose bumps all of the time because I’m cold. Trust me and my hundred damn hot flashes per day when I say that I am not cold. So I thought I’d try these pads outs on my arms! They remind me of the Stridex Pads that I used as a teenager. This sample only had 5 pads, but I think it may actually be working!! I have another sample jar that I am using right now. If I do seem to notice a difference, I am for sure going to run to Target and buy a full jar of these babies. So, for now I’m not sure if they are a Fave or a Flop, but I will let you know more when I finish the second jar.
- Beauty Protector Shampoo-I got this sample from a Birch Box last year. I must admit that I fell in love with it. I did not want to. This stuff is expensive! But I have never used a shampoo that smelled so good. And the scent stayed until the next washing. I could not quit smelling my hair and I knew that I would have to purchase a full size. So I waited until I accumulated enough points (Birch Box has the very best point system ever!) and I bought the shampoo. And the conditioner. And the leave in heat protector spray. And now my hair smells amazing all of the time! Fave for sure!
Do you have Trash to share?! Email me your pic and review to mailboxjunkie808at gmail dot com and I will post them with ours. We love to see what’s in your rubbish!