Samples tend to populate subscription boxes, so it’s always nice getting a full size product. Especially if it’s something you end up liking. These are a few of my favorites that I’ve gone out and purchased, primarily this past year.
- Simple Micellar Cleansing Water: You know Pnut and I love mice water, and Simple is a brand that I’ve gotten in several subscription boxes. I saw this in Grocery Outlet and could not pass it up even though I’ve got a horde of facial cleansers, face mask, skin creams, etc. I just had to have it because mice water makes it so easy to remove my makeup, especially my Tarte waterproof mascara.
- Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch: I got some other brand in a Birchbox several years ago, and one of you Subsistahs recommended Cosrx to me. I like them, and I think this was my third pack.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: my Holy Grail of night creams. Pnut knows my Laneige obsession, and tries to help me out when she finds sales. After getting it in Target boxes for almost a year, I finally ran out of samples and went to purchase a full size tub… Only to find that Target had stopped carrying Laneige months earlier. I turned to my trusted Amazon and ended up ordering it from there. I had no idea it was a K-beauty product until an adorable little box arrived!
- Acure Day Cream: this is another item that was really common in subscription boxes, and also really easy to get in swaps. Unfortunately I got tired of trying to swap for it so I finally went to buy from Amazon, but found that it had a completely different smell from the citrusy orange scent that I loved in the samples. The full-size smelled like chemicals, and not so much like citrus. After a few months I’ve finally run out, and fortunately I now have the sample of it. I think I might just stick to samples. I’m wondering if it was just a bad batch, or if the full-size is actually made out of something different.
- Also, this is one of those weird Amazon products where one bottle is $9.58 but two cost $27. HOW U NO MATH GOOD!? I’ve seen so many items like this. Wtf, Amz?
- Pantene Expert Intense Hydration Conditioner: I sampled this from an Influenster box and a Target box, and really liked how it made my hair feel. Plus, it smells kinda like honey oatmeal.
- Also, I’m almost out of both, so I’m going to need to go back and purchase some later!
- Kerastase Cristalliste Conditioner: ugh. So much ugh. A sample of this came in one of my first Birchboxes perhaps four years ago, and my sister owed me $30+ and said she’d get me this. Well, she flew up to Seattle with it, and the TSA agent squeezed out half of it [tear], and when I got it I saw how tiny the bottle was for $36 and I was pissed! Anyway, I loved this product, and it’s kinda been sitting in my shower for the last three years because it was so expensive and I can’t bring myself to finish off the last 2% of it and toss the bottle.
- UR Curly Soya Shampoo: first tried from a sample that I had swapped for last year and loved. So I found it on Amazon and ended up buying a couple bottles of it. I think it feels really nice and refreshing on my scalp, but I’m hoping it’s not part of the reason why I have such insanely dry scalp. I need to tamp down on that problem, but until I figure that out I’m going to keep using this awesome shampoo.
Pnut’s Full Size Purchases
- UpSpring MilkFlow: I received a sample packet from Ecocentric Mom and have since bought a few boxes via Amazon Save and Subscribe with additional supplements also offered by this Brand.
- Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: If you have been a Birchbox subscriber you should have received a sample or two of this. I loved it so much that I bought a full size.
- One Love Organics Gardenia + Tea Antioxidant Body Serum: I remember this being in a Zoe box but was this first featured in PSMH? I may or may not bought a ton of LE Birchbox Natural Boxes to supplement this body serum addiction.
- Peach Prosecco Bellini Candle: This is an empty rebuy of a candle that I received in a Burke Box. I might have scratched it while scooping out leftover wax. The candle holder itself is substantial and I use it to hold sink/bottle brushes.
Nest Fragrances Ocean Mist and Sea Salt Liquid Hand Soap: First received in a Burke Box; I have repeatedly bought this hand soap in many scents but this is my favorite scent. This is the best hand soap ever if you like huffing whilst washing your hands. I do not feel bad about it not being green since it washes off for the most part. It gives me a little “me” time.
I hide these from my family members under the sink for my use only.
One Love Organics Love Springs Eternal Youth Preservation Serum: I may or may not have bought 3 Love Goodly Boxes for my favorite night serum of all time!
So now we want to know which products you’ve loved and purchased full size, and which ones you had full regret for!
For example, have you received a box item or purchased an one full size and disliked it?
Disclosure: These items were purchased by me. There are no referral codes.